woensdag 12 oktober 2011

Confidence II

I have been thinking about this subject. And I hope I can give some tips to you all, who are feeling insecure from time to time.

If you have a friend to talk to, then talk with her/him.
Talk with them, and tell them what's on your mind. What makes you feel insecure? Your friends understand you, and always manage to make you feel better. It’s always good to know someone supports you.

Be as positive as you can get.
Try to avoid self-pity, and think of your strong points and qualities.
Think of what you want to achieve. And think of all the things that make you happy. Don't allow yourself to use any harsh words that you may feel about yourself.

Write something you like about yourself the most on a piece of paper. Or, write it down in a diary.And whenever you feel down, just look at all the nice things you wrote about yourself. It will cheer you up. Or perhaps, let some of your friends write something down for you. What they like about you. Sweet words never failed making me feel loved! You should try it!


Try not to think about what other people may think of you.
This may be difficult, I know. I face the same problem every now and then.
You know when you imagine what some place is going to be like before you go there, but when you get there it is totally different to your imagination?
It seems that it turned out not so bad most of the time! It will be alright!

Try to ignore what people say about you. You are not wearing Lolita for them, but for yourself.
You must wear it for you, and only you. You really don’t have to please others. If that would be the case, you would’ve worn a pair of boring jeans instead, like most people  ;)

Try to look confident. If you look insecure people will tell, and you will become an easy target. If you look confident about yourself, and walk around with a smile on your face, people seem to become more friendly towards you.

The walk. You can tell allot about a person when you look how the person walks.
Is it slow, tired? Or energetic and faster? People with confidence seem to walk quickly.
Also, try to stand up straight, keeping your head up, and try to make eye contact. it will make you look more confident.



Compliment other people. When you are feeling down, you reflect your feeling towards others, wheter you want it or not. If you try to stay positive and talk nicely to others and give a compliment every now and then you will see how happy it can make a person. If you see other people happy, you will become more happy yourself.

Don't stop. Times can get hard, when you want to give up.
But please, don't. Don't ever give up. If there is something you love, something you are passionate about, then don't stop. Try to follow your dreams. It's something you are looking forward to. Dreamers chart their own course and destiny. Dreamers are always striving to be the person they were meant to be and are not afraid to be different. Something you are willing to fight for.

And remember, nobody is perfect.
Even people who seem to look confident have moments when they feel insecure. Everybody has flaws.  And everyone makes a mistake. That’s normal. But it’s ok for you not to be perfect. I think most of us try to hide our flaws. I certainly don’t like talking about mine to just anyone. It rarely benefits you to talk about your flaws with prospects, with clients, with audiences. And yet, flaws are such a big part of what we are.

Keep in mind that you are a wonderfull person. You really are. An amazing and kind person.
Believe in yourself.
Promise me you'll always remember: You're braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think. ♥ I am here to tell you that there is another way. It’s not for everyone. It’s not the only way. It’s not the easier way. Actually, it is more likely to be the harder way. But I guarantee you it is the best way. It is simply this – be yourself.

4 opmerkingen:

  1. Very good tips! And being yourself.. It sounds so simple but indeed it is a very difficult path. Especially if being yourself makes you stand out in a crowd. :/

    But I'd rather be myself than trying to be someone I am not and then feeling miserable all the time.

    And confidence is also very difficult. I think most important for that is to believe in yourself - the good things of you. And don't listen to negativity from other people.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. Thank you, I hope people will find it come in handy if they need it. ^^ But it's hard to write something about this subject.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  3. Know this was posted over a year ago but I just read it and really appreciate the advice. I am not a lolita (but interested in the fashion) and find myself happiest when I'm dressed in "not normal" clothing. When I am in jeans and a t-shirt I feel weird and uncomfortable but when I put on my dresses, stockings and accessories and look very OTT I just feel like me :) Can be hard though with all the stares but starting to realize that as long as I'm happy that's all that matters. Thanks for being who you are and making me want to be me even more. Love your blog btw ;)

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
    Reacties
    1. I'm glad to see that this post is still being read ^^ Please always be yourself, no matter what ♥

      Verwijderen